.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Saturday, August 14, 2004
 
As Regards Hurricane Charley...Bonnie Writes on 14 Aug 2004:

Many thanks to all of you who have been calling and e-mailing about the path of Hurricane Charley. Yes, we're in it. But I'm sort of "an old pro" at the Florida hurricane thing now, and I feel relatively sure we're looking at no more than a tropical storm by the time he gets in my area (IF he does). The path is always changing and it hasn't been very consistent, to say the least. I've had invitations from a bunch of different states, if I need refuge. But I feel fairly safe. My home is built like Ft. Knox, we have a generator, heavy-duty cord, jugs of water, plenty of batteries and several "transistor" radios. (Remember that term?) As I type, the wind is howling, the rain thunders down, and we await the bigger and stronger winds which should arrive in about an hour and a half. We're "hunkered down," as we are so fond of saying, here in Florida, when we have our hurricane season. But while I'm on here, I will tell you that it's actually Paula Wilson about whom I'M worried, much moreso than me. Has anyone heard from her? She lives on Sanibel Island and I understand it was mercilessly pounded, when the storm first came on shore. If any of you have word on her safety, please tell me. Donna? Sally? Janet? Lynn? I don't care who, just SOMEbody. Thanks again and keep your collective fingers crossed for all of us who in the path of the storm.

---And there you have it! More at 11--- B




Powered by Blogger