.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Sunday, September 05, 2004
 
On 05 September, 2004, Regarding Her Encounter with Frances, Bonnie Writes:

Hi Gang! -- To have a true and bona fide hurricane bearing down on one's home, is something I can scarcely imagine. It must be terrifying, beyond my wildest dreams. I write this because, here I am in the middle of what will be OUR effects of Hurricane Frances, even as I type. I'm about 3 feet from the boarded window and the wind is howling. The rain is blowing sideways in moderate sheets and tree debris is everywhere. Now, I know most of you will find this a little strange, but the truth is, I'm one of those weird ducks (no pun intended) who has always been an ardent fan of thunderstorms. Therefore, I went out this morning and sat on my porch, watching this incredible phenomenon. My husband kept telling me to come back inside, but I was totally mesmerized. These things (even just the gigantic sidestorms, which is what WE are getting) can be very scary, very ominous, very foreboding. But strangely, when I look at them, I view them as powerful, awesome, and omniscient, a majestic and natural miracle of Mother Nature. I'm sort of slack-jawed, as I observe it all.

On the plus side, we happen to be be (obviously) in a small pocket whose power is holding steadily. My "Fort Knox home" is holding up equally well. So far, I haven't lost so much as a roof tile. My deck furniture is securely tied to my wrought iron railings. I want to get this sent, just as a precaution, in case the power does go. So that's all I can write right now. We get a "blip" every now and then. Worry not, my friends! I'm going to ride this out and be just fine. I'll see all of you in five weeks.

Right now, I'm off to get the ladder and go outside to clear my gutter, which is filled with leaves. Yes, I'll get wet. Yes, the wind will blow me around a bit. ---and finally, yes, I'll enjoy it. Well, maybe that's NOT "finally." Maybe the TRUE "finally" is that I'm just a little, tiny bit crazy, huh? Ha! For now, you can answer me back. I have no idea how long that will last. Maybe we'll get lucky this time and our power will hold! For those of you who are spending a boring Sunday, I can only say, "Wish you were here!!" Godspeed!

-- Bonnie




Powered by Blogger