.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
 
HOLY COW!!!
Just ONE More *Very Last* WECATON NEWS REPORT !!! -- 06 October 2004:
(Before the EVENT, of course... Lots more to come AFTER!
*******************************************************************************************
So, OK---try as I might, I couldn't get out of town without another bulletin. It really wasn't something I wanted to do, this time, but my e-mail capacity is so filled, I have to clear it out, or else my messages will be rejected while I'm gone. I'm not one who is willing to fix my e-mail so that it rejects mail when I'm gone. So there you go!

A few details of my plans have changed, but nothing very major. I still fly out from Orlando tomorrow at 5:22 p.m. and plan to arrive in Dayton about 7:30 p.m., assuming all goes well. I still don't like this flying business because it makes you lose all control of your own life, while you're "under their jurisdiction," but I'll cope with it, anyway.

This past week or two, I've spoken with so many of you---BRUCE E. CHENOWETH, SHIRLEY J. TUDOR, EULA FAYE BAILEY, MICHAEL WEST, P. LYNNETTE GARRETT, L. EUGENE ZINK, WILLIAM M. ROHLER, AARON COUCH, GARY R. FRANK, ROBERT W. BRANE, DEVONA S. TAYLOR, and probably others I can't recall---and we're all "hyped" about the weekend. Who wouldn't be? Also checking in with jokes and bulletins and psa's and such, have been WILLIAM R. HOWARD, SANDRA L. BARSALOU, CAROLYN E. "TOOTIE" PENCE, LARRY D. GILBERT, PAMELA K. SHIPLEY, CAROLYN SUE MCCLOUD, PATRICIA LYNNETTE GARRETT, ROBERT W. "SMITTY" SMITH, WILLIAM L. MCNABB, STEVEN M. KOKOT, BARBARA T. O'NEAL, NANCY J. ERTEL, IDA JANE TREON, and SANDRA S. HOLLINGSWORTH.

Bruce is picking me up at the airport, in a slight change in plans. Lynn had to make an unexpected trip her folks' home, here in Florida, and will return Wednesday, and DONNA J. RICHARDS will be working until 7 that night. Bruce and I will go to the Florentine Hotel in Germantown to have supper, then to Lynn's home to pick up her and Frank's vehicle. It just wasn't working well, under the other plan. So this will work better.

Bruce has bought himself another "classic ride" and I won't reveal the details just yet, as I want it to be his own surprise. I'm sure he'll be driving it to our functions, so keep out a sharp eye! Another of Bruce's 1958 class- mates, ROBERT W. "SMITTY" SMITH has confirmed his attendance, so 1960's GERALD A. FULLER is going to be very happy about that. Jerry has often expressed his admiration for your athletic skills on the high school football field, Smitty, so I'm sure you and he will have a grand time rehashing a few games, here and there.

Also of 1960 is BOYD H. JENKINS, who suffered heavy damage to his Okeechobee home, during the recent spate of Florida hurricanes. Boyd is insisting he's not going to be able to join us this year, but I'm having a hard time with that one, as Boyd is always at EVERYthing, so I'm praying he will have a last-minute change of heart and jump in his vehicle and head up I-75!

My heart breaks at the notion of Eula Faye being absent this year, but we must all wish her well on her upcoming surgery and happily anticipate the appearance next year of that gorgeous face, attached to that very special person, and know that, no matter how much fun we have this year, next year will be even better, because she will once again be with us! Get well soon, Eula Faye!!!

DARELL L. TOBIAS, Class of 1957, has confirmed his attendance, also, after a swing by a few of the homes of some relatives. Mike West and wife Sally will be leaving their Tennessee abode today, bound for Dayton, where Mike will be checking in on his parents and attending all our functions, too.

RODNEY R. GABBARD, Class of 1971, has stepped up to the plate and will be our official, "blogging photo- grapher" for the events. He's going to coordinate his efforts with Mike, who will be posting the photos. Many thanks, Rod. We all appreciate that effort.

SANDRA S. HOLLINGSWORTH, Class of 1961, will be landing at the Dayton airport from her California home, about the same general time slot as me, so we'll be seeing her, too. We hope you plan to bring your sister
along, Sande!

Speaking of sisters, I'm happy to announce that Dee Taylor is going to be with us, along with spouse EUGENE COUCH, and Gene's brother, AARON. So how about it, Bree (BRENDA TAYLOR, Class of 1967)? We want to make this a REAL family affair, so you jump in that new car and hightail it up there, okay?

PHILIP H. WOLFORD, no more golf outings for the second weekend in October, hear? We expect to see you next year! How about you there, GARY L. WARLAUMONT? I still think you're planning the old bail-out, and I think it even more now, since you didn't answer my last query about it. Shame on you! At least drop by Frisch's!

Gary Frank and Bob Brane pulled out of Florida, pretty unscathed from the storms, I'm happy to say, and they are both in Ohio awaiting our big weekend, for which they will be joining us. Jerry Fuller's place also emerged relatively unscathed from Ivan, which is literally a miracle.
CAROLYN SUE MCCLOUD and spouse John Mack, Jr., also did well at their Homosassa home, referring to it, very humorously, as Plywood, Florida. They also sent an overview of a hurricane coming up the state, which was literally breathtaking, just as they described. They're back in Ohio now, and will also be with us this weekend.

My e-mails for JUDITH ANN STALDER and her handsome spouse with the perfect teeth and gorgeous smile, are being returned. Update me, Judy! Where are you? JOANN STEMLEY, take care of this, please.

LINDA L. SHANK has confirmed attendance for the Frisch's Frolic and I'm still trying to strong-arm her into coming to at least the dance part of the alumni gig. She is bringing another of our 1960 classmates with her, LINDA BOWMAN. Good going!

RICHARD L. DOLL, Class of 1961, checked in to say how much he enjoys the bulletins. Thanks, Richard, I do appreciate that. But we want to see you at the functions, so at least try to come to Frisch's or the dance part of the alumni gig, or both. Your class year is always very heavily represented. You won't be disappointed.

DONNA J. TUDOR, Class of 1955, is just about as excited as we all are. We can't wait to see you, Donna. Donna is exceptionally good about maintaing contact, folks. We could all take a lesson from her. K. JUNE CRUTCHFIELD, Class of 1958, checked in to say she is receiving reservations from various classes. That's what we like to hear!

MARIAN K. HUSSEY, Class of 1967, is enthused at the prospect of getting former marching band director, HARRY C. HAGGERTY, to put in an appearance. I think we'd all enjoy that! I'm having difficulty getting through my e-mail to him, and I do hope several people up that way will pick up the phone and tell Mr. Haggerty how many fans he still has, amongst the alumni. I think that might just get him to attend a thing or two!

NANCY E. "COOKIE" BOWIE, Class of 1960, checked in, but it doesn't look good right now, for her to be with us. We're sure pulling for next year, though. We'll all really miss you, Cookie. It was wonderful to have seen you in March!

PAMELA K. SHIPLEY, Class of 1971, has promised me she will show. I'm going to be looking for you, Pam, so don't disappoint me, hear? Those WALKER people, BILL & KAREN, are still knee-deep in insurance claims here in Florida. I'll likely get to see them before year's end, but it doesn't look good for them for this weekend, I'm sorry to say.

The WC alumni golf outing is a go for Friday, the 8th. I'm unaware of specific details, but please contact GARY E. BARNES, Class of 1959, if you want more details, or if you just want to sit around and chat or watch the action. I am nearly certain that Gary is in the Dayton phone book.
WILLIAM R. HOWARD, Class of 1958, has confirmed that he will NOT be playing golf, but that 1958's RONALD D. "TOM" FEE, indeed WILL be playing golf. Bill also asked about 1961's PAULA WILSON, and Donna told me that Paula is coming up for the festivities, so it would seem safe to assume that Paula pulled through the hurricanes which hit her Singer Island home. Donna is also working on JOHN W. OBERLIES, JR., to try to get him to attend. C'mon, John! Remember what fun we all had, last time?

Everyone remains excited at the prospect of seeing JACK L. GODBY, EDGAR L. KELLY, and CURTIS A. KEMP, too. They are all traveling long distances to be with us, so we sure do want to let them all know how thrilled we are, that they are there. ROBERTA A. RICE also briefly checked in to let us know she weathered the storms from her St. Petersburg home. However, Roberta, you didn't say anything about coming to Ohio. So will you be there? DELORES K. "DEDE" FAHRNEY has been "in absentia," for far too long. Where are you, DeDe? We're going to talk about you this weekend, hear?

You're all not going to believe this, but I truly DO have to go now. I've still got packing to do, and cleaning to do, and all that stuff. So I'll be seeing you all on Friday night, and some of you, even before that. I leave you with my usual wish for glowing health, great happiness, peaceful serenity, and boundless prosperity. Ciao!

---And there you have it! More at 11--- B




Powered by Blogger