.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
 
WECATON NEWS REPORT!!--Subject: PART II ADDENDUM---
---As I've told all of you, I need your help in order to get everything correct. Thanks, once again, to GARY E. BARNES, for jogging my feeble brain. What would I ever do without you, Gary? First of all, I want to tell you all that our Frisch's people also included SAMUEL WELLER, Class of 1957. It appeared he did a bit of visiting with other alumni, as did we all.

Also, (and this was such a glaring oversight, I can't even believe it, myself!) I failed to mention that the Class of 1959 was represented. I apologize to that distinguished class, one and all. First of all, Gary was there. How did I ever fail to write that, Gary? I guess I just devoted so much space to the golf outing, I forgot to mention you in the Frisch's Frolic. So yes, 1959 was represented by Gary. But he wasn't the only 1959-er, and thanks once again, Gary. It's he who tipped me off about the "mystery lady" who was sitting with yet another 1959-er, CAROLYN J. MELZONI. That person's name (in school) was DIANA SUE RAY. So there were 3 1959 people of whom I'm aware. I had mentioned Carolyn, of course, but not her class year, as I was unsure. So there! I have hopefully rectified all the goofs of which I'm aware. Do let me know, if there are others.

But here, in this final paragraph, I shall acknowledge the most glaring goof of all. How on God's green earth did I ever overlook the presence of the indefatigable MURL E. HUFFMAN, our Civics teacher? Many apologies, Mr. H., and I hope you will forgive me. Yes, he was there, and he was as lively (or livelier) than were most of US! He came around to every table, greeting everyone, asking us to call him Murl. I'll swear, I've tried to choke out the first name, when I address you, Mr. H., but I just can't seem to do that, even after all these years. You were a childhood figure of such daunting presence and I just can't overcome that image. I'm working on it, though. I'll try for next year. So that's the quick update, folks. My apologies for the omissions.
---And there you have it! More at 11--- B





Powered by Blogger