.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Thursday, November 03, 2005
 
We*Ca*Ton NEWS REPORT!! -- 03 NOV 2005:

---Okay, you caught me! I confess, this isn't REALLY a WeCaTon News Report. What it actually IS, amounts to a special bulletin about our next WC event, which will occur on Saturday, December 3, 2005. It's the Annual WC Florida Holiday Brunch. We shall convene, as usual, , at the Dixie Crossroads Restaurant in Titusville, Florida, at 11:30 a.m., for a fun and frivolous two or three hours of visiting, reminiscing, and camaraderie. Now, we haven't talked much about this lately, but you've got a whole month to plan, so no excuses, hear?

Yes, I know it's about 920 miles for those of you who are in Ohio. But hey, it was 920 miles for ME to come up THERE, just last month. But did you hear ME complain- ing? Heck, no! I even bought a new car, just for the trip, put myself on the road, and I was there, wasn't I? So I don't want to hear it, okay?

Among those whom I know will be in attendance, aside from myself, of course, are 1958's BRUCE E. CHENO- WETH, WILLIAM R. HOWARD, and RONALD D. "TOM" FEE; 1960's GERALD A. FULLER and CURTIS A KEMP. Right there, folks, is a fun crew. If not one other person shows, we're going to have a ball.

However, I'm putting in a "Command Performance Request" for the following WC folks who LIVE RIGHT HERE IN FLORIDA, and most certainly can't come up with a REALLY good reason NOT to be there. They are as follows: 1957's GARY D. MAYS, 1961's DONNA J. RICHARDS (Don't even think about it! I know you CAN be here for this, Donna!), 1961's PAULA R. WILSON, 1957's LINDA L. MCAFEE and DARELL L. TOBIAS, 1955's FREDA P. FLETCHER (Oh YES, you can, Freda! You and I never got to visit NEARLY enough on alumni weekend. We can finally get current on things.), 1954's JO ANN MCCLURE, 1960's DAVID G. OTT and his 1963 spouse, SANDRA MINIX, 1958's SANDRA L. BARSALOU (It's WAY too long since we saw YOU, Sandy!), 1960's DELORES K. "DEDE" FAHRNEY (who has proven to be one our most popular and sought-after alumnus, at these functions) and also J. DAVID MAYS (aren't you and Ann already here, Dave?) and of course, GARY L. WARLAUMONT (also already here), 1961's PATRICIA LYNNETTE GARRETT, who just may be in Florida by then (I dearly hope),

How about you two, STEVEN M. KOKOT/BARBARA T. O'NEAL? You were sorely missed at Spring Fest. Do come on down! Also from 1960, living in Florida, are BOYD H. JENKINS, and you, JUDITH L. STALDER and CAROLYN SUE MCCLOUD and JOANN KAY STEMLEY and ROBERTA A RICE and MADELEINE D. CAMPBELL. I'll also searching for the faces of 1958's JAMES J. DOWNS and JAMES E. KECKLER. From 1961, I shall expect to see GARY R. FRANK, ROBERT W. BRANE, RICHARD E. KNEER, RICHARD G. DENNY, LIELA K. GEORGE, JACK L. GODBY, and JUDITH LYNN SAMUELS. Let's not overlook 1959, either! You are probably going to be in Florida, then, aren't you, CAROLYN E. "TOOTIE" PENCE? So gather up all your sisters, as you did for Spring Fest, and be there, hear? DONNA SUE PARKS, are you out there? Please come and join us! W. THOMAS GODBY, please don't disappoint us. Bring your big bro over to the festi-vities, and you be there, too! You and I can talk about Sturgis (forever!) How about you, 1955's NORMAN E. JACKSON? Will you be in Florida yet? If so, be there!

Now, I know I haven't covered ALL of the WC residents of Florida. But please know that we want to see you, one and ALL, no exceptions. Let's make this a great and fun event. As I said in the beginning, even if just the first six of us are there, it's going to be TOO fun! But just think of how much MORE it's going to be, with all of us. Make your plans now and "X" out Saturday, December 3, on your calendar. I'll be looking for you!! If anyone else on the list is in Florida then, please make your plans in such a way as to be able to join us. Go, Pirates!

--- Bonnie




Powered by Blogger