.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Thursday, December 29, 2005
 
WNR SPECIAL REPORT - 29 DEC 2005:

---It's just not our year, folks! News has just come to me of the passing of the patriarch of West Carrollton's "Royal Family," the Mays clan. From 1958's BRUCE E. CHENOWETH, came a report that OSCAR MAYS died yesterday evening. Mr. Mays, I am given to understand, was 101 years old. He was also apparently quite a character. I have listened to many stories, fondly told by his sons. His wife, Bertie, (I'm almost sure that was her name) preceded him in death. They had 10 sons and 3 daughters. I understand two of the sons died very early in life. Over the last two years, both Kenny and Wayne also passed away. This will likely be a massive funeral, I would guess. Ann Mays, wife of 1960's J. DAVID MAYS, wrote me only yesterday, telling me that all the family was with their father and that he was ill. I know we all extend sincerest condolences to all the members of the huge Mays family. Let's keep our fingers crossed for no more such reports, at least for the few days of the remainder of this calendar year.
-- Bonnie




Powered by Blogger