.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Thursday, January 26, 2006
 
WNR/4th ANNUAL WC FLORIDA SPRING FEST---

Bonnie Writes:

It is my great pleasure to announce that our function for this year will be held at none other than The Villages! I'm thrilled about this, for many reasons. But we'll get to that, later. It will be held as originally planned, on March 26, at the Allamanda Clubhouse facilities.

Coordinating this effort for us is 1960's J. DAVID MAYS. He and his wife, Ann, are REALLY new residents of The Villages, and they love it there, already, I'm happy to report. I was trying hard to accommodate the presence of teachers DAVID E. COLLINS and CHRIS L. CLEARY on the following weekend. But the fact is, we had people who were unable to change some plans which had been made. So we had to stick with March 26. But hey, you Collin people, just come down, anyway!

There is going to be more on this, at a later time, in the way of a firm street address, but we already know it's near to Dave & Ann's new home. We also already know we're going to have a function which is populated with people named Mays, to my utter delight. For those of us who are NOT named Mays, however, please take note that I know where you live---tee!hee!---and if you are in the state of Florida and you do NOT attend this function, I shall find you and you will be given cruel and unusual punishment, hear?

This location is even MORE convenient and centralized than was the one at JOANN STEMLEY'S condo club-house, if you can believe it. Yes, I have to drive about 95 miles. So what? I'll be there with bells (on, as they say, but that's grammatically incorrect, so I hate using it.) If we behave properly at this function (don't we always?), we just might be able to coax Dave into reserving it each year, thereby making it our permanent Spring Fest digs. My thoughts are to book the clubhouse for, say, noon to about 5pm, and then then browse the premises after that. Does anyone else have other ideas? Let's take all suggestions into consideration. I'll have more on this in just a few days. Oh my, I've forgotten the name of the hotel given to me by Ann Mays. I just can't be trusted. I don't get out much. Perhaps she will see this, and feel great sympathy for me, and send it again?




Powered by Blogger