.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Sunday, February 05, 2006
 
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO 4th ANNUAL SPRING FEST (26 MARCH 2006);
*** This is all of the mail concerning the location

Bonnie Writes:
---Okay, I'm aware we're having a few problems with the street address for our Allamanda Clubhouse, which was so graciously secured for us by 1960's DAVID MAYS and wife Ann. A number of you have written to me about it. However, here's exactly how to get precise driving directions. I've done this, over and over, and it works each and every time. So while the postal service is insisting there is no such actual city as The Villages, I'm sure this goes by zip code and I've spent a considerable amount of time researching this. I don't want anyone getting lost or not showing up for any type of reason related to location. Ann, this DOES work, and thank you for letting me know the parts you did know.

Okay, everyone, log on to ( www.expedia.com ) Then, click on maps. Next, go to driving directions. Enter your complete starting address, including zip code. Then drop down and enter 1515 St. Charles Place, The Villages, Florida 32162, as your desitnation. It WILL come up with driving directions, I promise. We can deal with the city name stuff later, if ever. For OUR purposes, we're going to The Villages and it's in the south end. So let's all get there, hear?

---And there you have it! More at 11--- B

It is my great pleasure to announce that our function for this year will be held at none other than The Villages! I'm thrilled about this, for many reasons. But we'll get to that, later. It will be held as originally planned, on March 26, at the Allamanda Clubhouse facilities.

---directions for the clubhouse, where we'll be holding the 4th Annual WC Florida Spring Fest. This comes to us, directly from our hostess, Annie Mays, spouse of 1960's DAVID MAYS. Of course, now that we have a street address, we can input it into the computer and get driving directions, also, as many of you have been asking. There's one other thing. I've had several e-mails from people, asking in what city The Villages is located. I guess that IS a bit confusing. The fact is, The Villages IS the name of the city! It's The Villages, Florida XXXXX, okay?

We'll do the usual, I suppose, as regards your food and drink for the day. But let's not bring such a huge over-abundance, as we did last year. I took home a whole carload of uneaten and untouched food, as I was the only one going to a nearby home with a fridge. So let's keep that in mind.

On another note, in regard to the death of JAMES H. SMITH, age 51, several of you pointed out to me that I had sent that with a 1982 class year. Naturally, that was a type-o, and I meant to write 1972. I was VERY good in math, when I was in school! But I just wanted to set the record straight. We really don't know for SURE that he was 1972, though. I assume that someone will send a note soon, designating his exact class year.

In closing, I will say that I'm SO looking forward to seeing ALL of you again, who are attending Spring Fest. It's shaping up to be a blockbuster year! For those who are traveling to be here, we wish you a safe trip. Now, be sure to scroll down for Ann's directions.
---And there you have it! More at 11--- B
-------Original Message-------

From: Ann Mays
Date: 02/04/06 11:49:11
It is Allamanda and the street address is:1515 St. Charles Place. This is located at the South end of the Villages...You must come all the way down Buena Vista Blvd. to Sunset Pointe entrance, drive several miles up Bailey Trail and turn left on St. Charles...about 1 more mile, The Recreation Center/Clubhouse is on the lef




Powered by Blogger