.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Monday, March 13, 2006
 
HERE ARE TWO WNR SPECIAL REPORTS, COMBINED:

The latest (13 March 2006):

Hi, again! This is almost sure to be the very final one of our info notices, prior to Spring Fest. As I have been writing, this one appears as though it will be the largest and most well-attended, to date, and also the highest number of variable class years represented. I know we're all thrilled about that.

In past years, we have held a sort of "night-before" gathering and if anyone wishes to do that this year, they certainly can. Our host, 1960's J. DAVID MAYS, has recommended a site inside The Villages, which is called Spanish Springs Town Square. I've accessed this, on the internet and it looks spectacular. Dave tells me it is large and accommodating, with all sorts of wonderful things, good food, entertainment, etc. So if anyone wants go to there on the previous night, keep your eyes open for other WC people. There's no way to know, at this type of informal gathering where there will be many "foreigners" (non-WC people), just how many may or may not show. So we'll need to keep a discerning eye out for one another. Many of us may not recognize each other on sight. We are not ALL in the fortunate position of looking just like our senior pictures. So let's keep that in mind.

There were also one or two years in the past when a golf outing was held. I don't recall all the details on that one, since I'm not a golfer. However, securing golfing for WC people is not a "do-able" thing right now, on this short notice, at any of the courses at The Villages. I checked on this and it just can't be done. Now, I know there are a lot of golfers on this bulletin list. So I suggest that any and all among you, who are interested in golfing together over this particular weekend (or right after), contact each other soon and set up some arrangements amongst yourselves.

In the meantime, those who wish, may come to Spanish Springs Town Center late on Saturday afternoon and have a great time. For those who wish to attend only the actual Spring Fest, we will be seeing you from noon to 5, at least, at the Allamanda Clubhouse, 1515 St. Charles Place, The Villages, on Sunday, March 26. Be there! I'll re-cap the phone numbers. My cell phone is 386 290-3381. Dave and Ann's home phone is 352 753-7311. They also have a cell phone, 937 671-4496. We're all going to have SUCH fun!

The earlier Report (11 March 2006):

Okay, folks, in the event of further updates, prior to our gathering, I will definitely send additional information. For now, I'm going to send you the details of what I know for sure, just to be on the safe side.

For starters, it appears that we're going to have one, big blockbuster of an event this year, with people from all over Florida, but also people coming from Washington and also all the way down from Ohio. There is also still the possibility of an attendee from Kansas (I'm hoping.)

Anyway, let's recap. Our WC Florida Spring Fest will be held this year on Sunday, March 26, from noon until ???
The place will be the Allamanda Clubhouse, located in the south end of The Villages. The street address of the clubhouse is 1515 St. Charles Place. The primary state route which will take you to that general area is State Route 441.

Our resident host and hostess are Ann and Dave Mays. Their home telephone number is 352 753-7311. They also have a cell phone which is 937 671-4496. I will have my cell phone with me (and activated) on that day. The number is 386 290-3381. Should anyone wish to reach me, prior to that time, your best bet will be my home phone, which is 386 677-4079. We do NOT want anyone to drive around aimlessly, trying to find this place and then giving up and going home. So if you're lost, DO call one of us!

On the plus side, I have managed to locate yet two more of the members of the Class of 1960, one male, and one female. They are DOUGLAS ALAN RENAS and CHARLOTTE LEE HUEY. I've spoken at length with both of them, in the past 24 hours. Credit goes to Doug's older brother, LAWRENCE J. RENAS, JR., for putting me in touch with him. Credit goes to 1958's JAMES E. KECKLER for hooking me up with Charlotte.

Doug lived in Tucscon, Arizona, for many years. He has just recently returned to the Dayton area. He would like to hear from any of his old schoolmates, and he is especially interested in hearing from you, EDGAR L. "EDDIE" KELLY, and also from the PHILLIPS brothers, JERRY RAY and RICHARD LEE "DICKIE." Doug is living at 1633 Huffman Avenue and his number is 937 554-3673. He is currently unmarried and says he loves to, "knock around the country."

Charlotte is currently wintering in a tiny burg which is just about 5 minutes away from The Villages, can you even believe it? She still has her permanent residence in Miamisburg. He last name is Quigley and she and her husband, Bill, just celebrated their 44th anniversary last month. They have a daughter. Here's the GREAT news! Charlotte will be attending Spring Fest. I'm thrilled! She was very interested in the news about her old school pal, SHARON LYNN BORGER. Charlotte's phone number is 352 245-8595.

So there it is. Everyone travel safely and oh, how I'm so looking forward to seeing all of you. By the way, my husband told me today that he will come with me to Spring Fest. I'll believe it when I see it, but we'll find out soon enough, won't we? I'll see you all soon. Ciao!




Powered by Blogger