.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Friday, July 14, 2006
 
BRUCE CHENOWETH, '58, WRITES:
I spent this past weekend in Columbus, Ohio at the Good Guys National Hot Rod and Classic Car Show.
The "48 Chevy Sedan Delivery with Woody's Market on the side caught my attention, as you can imagine. Unfortunately, I had not taken my camera, so had to use an old camera that I gave to a friend three years ago who was at the show with me. The photo's are no where near the quality my camera takes, but they are better than nothing. Also unfortunately, we could not find this car in the next two days of the show when I had my camera with me, not surprising given over 9,000 old cars were present. I have seen this car at a couple of local shows, always without a camera. I was unable to find the owner, so don't know if this is a replica or an original Sedan Delivery that Woody actually used or just a weird coincidence.
The fourth photo is of a 1948 Olds 98 Fastback (that's what the Big Red One was). The fifth is a 1949 Olds 98 Fastback, same as 1948 except the teardrop parking lights under the headlights. Neither of these were for sale.
The next time I see that Woody's Sedan Delivery, I'll make sure I find out the history of it.
Semper fi,
Bruce




Powered by Blogger