.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Thursday, March 29, 2007
 
BERTHA JAN HOERNER, '57, DECEASED:

It is with great sadness that I announce to all of you that we have lost yet another alumnus, in the person of 1957's BERTHA JAN HOERNER. She died March 22, in her chosen state of residence, North Carolina, where she had lived for many, many years. I assume she was 68 years old, probably.

The news came to me today, through her sister, who did not write details of her passing. She conveyed only the date and the place and that it was in North Carolina, following a long illness. She did not convey the nature of the illness. Bertha's sister is BARBARA E. HOERNER (current name Richardson), who was in the Class of 1955.

The Hoerner family were all Miami Shores Kids. They are all well-known to me. I grew up with all of them, as did all us Miami Shores Kids. Bertha attended the Frisch's Frolic, about 5 years ago (it was the first one we had, I think). It was good to see her. I'm sorry to hear of her passing, as I know we all are. Once again, I'm sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings.

--- Bonnie




Powered by Blogger