.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Sunday, June 22, 2008
 
19 JUNE 2008: BONNIE WRITES ABOUT GIL


(It has been quite a) spell since I wrote anything and I apologize. But I do hope to compensate for that, with this e-mail. On this day, I have nothing but good news. Earlier in the day, Gil went to his oncologist (I took him there, of course, and was with him) who looked over all his test results, took all his vitals, and checked quite a few other little, "odds and ends," no pun intended.At the close of his exam, he announced that all Gil's vital signs are great, his kidney functions are terrific, his blood count is nearly 11, and he is well on the road to recovery. Best of all, though, he said the cancer cell count is all but indiscernible. The cancer cells are diminishing by the day and, as of this date, the likelihood of putting him into remission seems positive and he (the oncologist) is very optimistic about being able to do that.

On the downside (if there can possibly be one, after hearing THAT news) is that he must drink a lot more fluids, he must move around more, and he must get up and walk more. I've been telling him these things, every single day, of course. But I'm, "the wife," you see, so it doesn't mean anything when I say it. As we left the doctor's office, he announced in such a way as to imply it's the very first time anyone has ever told him to do these things, that he intends to follow Dr. Pierce's orders. What else is new?

As for me, I've been staying quite busy with his care, the house, the errands, and just this past week, I went out and did the water treatment on our gigantic high-rise deck. I got it finished yesterday just in time for our rain, which is coming through this week. Yes, we both still love Tennessee, and no, we don't wish we hadn't moved here. We love it! We also love our house and the acreage. We just want the rest of the family to be here, and we hope that will come to pass in the next year.

So things are looking up quite a bit, as of today. I'll take this opportunity to thank all of you for your notes and messages and cards of support and calls and all things which were positive. I remember each and every single one of you, and so does Gil. Thanks so much!






Powered by Blogger