.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Monday, March 29, 2010
 
On February 10, 2010, Bonnie wrote:

From: Retha Bashford
Date: 01/30/10 20:49:52
To: Bonnie
Subject: Re: WNR SPECIAL BULLETIN!!!---

Hi,
Read your article about the snowman, brought back memories and a smile about playing in the snow when I was small and living in West Carrollton. Remember making your own sled? Well, we did, using anything that we could find.
Now I live out here in 'sunny' CA, but we missed the sun last week due to an unusual amount of rainfall that is for the desert areas. We got a little over 3" in 4 days and our mountains got covered with snow. The background behind Palm Desert and Palm Springs is beautiful and thats the way I like snow now.
We all should remember our childhood and its fun to take a step back in time once in awhile.
Enclosing a picture of our desert area.
Thanks for the memories.
Retha
Retha Bashford
Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa
ww.bashfords.com

Check Facts:
www.FactCheck.org
www.Snopes.com--- On Sat, 1/30/10, Bonnie Risner Miller wrote:
From: Bonnie Risner Miller Subject: WNR SPECIAL BULLETIN!!!---To: undisclosed-recipients@yahoo.comDate: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
---Well, gang, it's official! Your nutty news writer has officially and finally lost her mind. (I refer, of course, to myself.) All of you know how I tell you everything. Nothing seems to be out of bounds. I've just done the nuttiest thing, ever!

Only moments ago, I came in from the yard and it's a huge yard! We had a big snow overnight, and as I sat here looking at it, I was overcome by the notion of building a snowman. So I did it!
Yep, I put on my heavy sweatshirt, gloves, and a set of earmuffs, and away I went. What fun! I found myself wondering why on earth we stop building snowmen, once we reach adulthood.

This isn't a big one and it's sure not a Salvador Dali. But it's reminiscent of all those wonderful snowmen we built, when I was a child, in dear, old Miami Shores. This was also, "the perfect snow," for snowman-building, I might add. It all stuck together perfectly, although I had to do a bit of re-learning on exactly how to roll it up and make it stay together. But I got it, by golly! I'm
now looking at it, through a window by my desk and it makes me smile. It's my first snowman in about, oh, 55 years, I'd guess.

When I finished with that, I then reached up and shook the big layer of snow off the branches of my fir tree (the same one into which I would've fallen on Christmas Day, had I let go of the rail), and I watched as the snow blew about and fell all over me in wispy, beautiful, white flurries.

After that, I walked up the mountain in the snow, listening to each and every crunch beneath my mukluk-like footwear, and listened to the sounds of small animals scurrying through the freshly-fallen snow, as they heard the approach of, "the enemy," (a human). So I'm pretty sure I've finally lost my mind, altogether, and I just wanted to let all of you know, in advance!




Powered by Blogger