.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Sunday, July 04, 2010
 
WeCaTon NEwS REPORT -JULY 2010:
Bonnie Writes:
---Wow! What a rocky start! I still haven't quite totally, "moved into," my new PC. Frankly, I'm finding that part to be a huge pain in the butt. I also (like all us old farts) don't like trying to get used to the feel of a new mouse, new speakers, new keyboard---you know the routine. But I'll get through it. However, I must confess, I'm still on the old PC, as I write this one. Can you all even believe it's still working? Ha! It's been teetering on the brink of collapse for over a year. In many ways, it reminds me of myself. Here we go!

Let's kick off with forwarders, as always. They include 1954's CAROLYN R.GILLETTE, FRED
A P. FLETCHER; 1957's DARELL L. TOBIAS, BETTY LEE CARROLL, RALPH H. WARNER, ERCELL P. PHILLIPS; 1958's WM. R. HOWAR
D, RONALD D. "TOM" FEE; 1960's KEITH H. CLENDENON, J. DAVID MAYS, DEVONA S. TAYLOR, DELORES K. "DEDE" FAHRNEY, WM. E. "BUDDY" STOVER, STEVEN M. KOK
OT, LARRY M. PENDLEY, RICHARD S. HOLT, LINDA L. SHANK; 1961's CONNIE KAYE STR
EETE, SANDRA S. MAYO, DALLAS K. MATHI
S, GARY R. FRANK, SALLY L. GILLETTE, NA
NCY A. HALL, JANET L. WALTERS, NANCY J. ERTEL, P. LYNNETTE GARRETT, SHARON
K. WENDELKEN, MARVIN A. COLLINS, CAR
OL J. MUMMA; 1962's SHIRLEY A. SEXTON, BARBARA T. O'NEAL;1963's FRANCES L. PE
FFLY, HARRIET M. BURKE; 1964's RICKEY A. BUSCH; 1969's JOHN Q. KEMP, ROBT. E. TH
ARPE; 1969's JACQUELINE J. CLARK; 1970'
s THOS. A. DORSEY;1971's RODNEY R. GAB
BARD, PAMELA K. SHIPLEY;

We also still have lots of the, "e-mail-lost," so give me an assist on these, if you possibly can. They are 1954's JO ANN WHITEAKER; 1959's DONALD G. HISEY; 1959's GARY L. SIZER; 19
60's CHARLOTTE LEE HUEY; 1962's CAROL A. GILPIN; 1969's ROBT. A. BUCKLEY. If you have good e-mail addresses on any of these alumni, please let me know. We're getting their mail back, for varying reasons. Thanks for any help any of you can give. On the plus side, I've got an update on the e-mail from 1961's JAS. E CURTIS. So if anyone needs that, let me know.
Thanks, Jim.

Yes, we've had deaths, I'm sorry to say. Always on the ball with updates on this is WC's official source for this, 1965's STEVEN F. SHADE. He sends me an update about once a month. If I clearly remember already listing them, I won't re-cap. But if I don't, I'll include them. Steve's list includes 1953's THOS. "BUDDY" WILSON, who died on May 29.

We lost 1953's ROBT. W. ELLIOTT on June 15, in Cleveland, Tennessee. Bob had extensive complications in the treatment for his bladder cancer. He's the older brother of 1957's THOS. W. ELLIOTT (his wife is 1957's THERESA M. MOSES) and of1962's RUSSELL L. "RUSTY" ELLIOTT (his wife is 1962's MARY A. DUNCAN
). I know we all send condolences to the Elliotts.
This news was submitted by Rusty and MaryAnn
, so thanks to you both.

GARY W. BARTON, 1965, died in a motorcycle accident on April 30. CHRIS B. HANSELMAN, 1987, passed away on May 12. No cause of death was listed. These, however, are not the only ones we have for this bulletin.

Truly, I was personally and deeply saddened to get news of the recent death of 1954's WM. L. MCNABB. What a stunning blow to our alumni family at WC! Bill was just one great guy and I can't begin to tell all of you how many favors he did for me, over the years of doing this bulletin. I could always depend on Bill. The McNabbs are a dynasty in WC history. Bill is always going to be sorely missed and deserves such special recognition for his dedication to many things. I know we all extend sincerest condolences to his family and closest friends. My thanks to Bill's 1954 classmate, MARILYN CULTER for letting me know about this. We all seem to share such a sense of loss about Bill. He truly was one of our special people.

From his classmate, V. JOANNA JACKSON, I got quite a tribute to Bill, about all his alumni work and class efforts. She is, of course, the older sister of 1955's NORMAN E. JACKSON, whom I shall forever miss. He was also a great loss to our alumni family. I also received e-mail of deep concern about Bill's death from several others, including 1954's FREDA P. FLETCHER
, CAROLYN R. GILLETTE, DONALD M. MCCL ELLAND, PATRICIA J. THOMPSON, and 1956
's ROSETTA PRUETT and DONNA J. HINTON.

As some of you may already know, Donna and
Don are married and have opted to sign onto the readers list. So we welcome both of you, do hope you will enjoy the bulletins, and we all hope to see you both at all the WC alumni weekend events in October!

What an exciting phone call I received last night! My friend, 1963's FRANCES L. PEFFLY, called me in breathless excitement. It seems she's 99 % sure she's finally sold her place in Dunellin, Florida, and will be able to get out of Florida. I'm not the only one who wanted out of there. I just got lucky a little quicker, that's all. But the most exciting part of Fran's call is that she's moving to Tennessee! (Yes, I hear you, Mike.) It will be near me, we think, so that will be fun. She'll be arriving here on June 30 to stay with me for a few days and go property-shopping. She will be in the company of her son, Johnny R. Moore, and her daughter, Kelly A. Moore. I can barely wait for their arrival!

We've had an 11th-hour update from 1954's FREDA P. FLETCHER, who's back in Florida, as previously mentioned. She and new spouse, Larry L. Green, are busily running back and forth between their two homes. We all wish you well, Freda and Larry!

Coming up with a great nostalgia story of WC in
the 1950s, was cousin JUDITH . VAN CLEEF. I had completely forgotten about this, which is an exception. It's usually Judy who forgets the stuff, not me. Anyway, we have e-mail exchanges at least once a day, and sometimes 3 or 4. In a recent one, she mentioned her 1954 Ford. That car was light blue and a convertible and in great shape! It was, in fact, beautiful, and we had lots of fun in that car, believe. It was in 1958 or 1959
, remember, and this was a cherry 1954. So it was what we'd have called, "a cool car," by any standards. As was done in those days, the car had its own name. It was, "The Blue Angel." On one fateful evening, in the historic parking lot of the our own Moraine City Frisch's, we were in the usual cruise-through mode. Judy's car was struck by none other than 1960s' SHARON L BORGER. I had totally forgotten that entire night until Judy asked me about Sharon. It vividly re-minded me of a long-ago, similar incident, when 1961's JUDY M. FRANTZ ran smack into the car belonging to the late CURTIS A. KEMP. By the strangest of coincidences, Judy had a huge crush on Curt, so I have always wondered about THAT one! One thing's for sure, she got his full attention. I don't recall what happened in the aft- ermath, with Judy and Sharon, though. Perhaps one of them does.

We had a bit of traveling among us, of late. I got an e-mail from 1960's DEVONA S. TAYLOR, in fact. She and her spouse of 50 years as of this
September, EUGENE COUCH, took their year-ly trip to Lake Tansi, where Dee wants to move, but Gene won't do it. Dee had lots of family stuff to report, too. They will both enter the realm of becoming great-grandparents come November.
Their granddaughter, Jessica, is the expectant mother and she is the daughter of their eldest son, Dion. He's a Chief Warrant Officer in the U.S. Coast Guard and has been in Miami for the past 4 years., but went Arlington, Va., this month (June). Their other son, Derek, lives just about 30 miles away from them. Dee says she used to do a monthly news column, too. Mine is a weekly, of course, and that's as frequent as I want.

It occurred to me that it was the late WM. L. MC
NABB who was likely to be sending my bulletins to all his classmates, so I purloined the e-mail list of 1954's JERRY W. GRAHAM, and sent an e-mail inviting them all to directly join the reader list. Of course, a few are already there. Positive
responses came from several, including PATRI
CIA J. THOMSPON, who is already with us, and we will now welcome to our list 1954's JACK W. PUMMILL and his 1956 spouse, KAREN SUE KRONBORG. All those early- and mid-1950s classes are really coming out in force, now, as are the more recent ones, and I, for one, couldn't be more pleased. We're also welcoming to our list a former president. Yes, that's right! The 1954 class president JERRY R. GRAHAM has also joined out readers list. So welcome to all and we hope you'll attend all the WC events in October. You'll love it!

We add to our reader list the name of RITA G. JUSTICE, 1970. Rita has apparently been read -ing us, for awhile, via proxy. Now, she's on the direct list. Welcome aboard, Rita. We just keep adding more and more names. I can't help but wonder when my e-mail list will max out, if ever.

Let's do some illness updates, shall we? I just spoke recently with my sister-in-law, who is 1956's ANITA RAE MASON, as most you are now aware. She's still doing rehab from her stroke, suffered in November. She's coming along quite well, though, and sounds great.

Not having heard from him in so long, I became quite concerned about my 1958 pal, BRUCE E. CHENOWETH. I called him on June 2, and we spoke for a while. He's having a dickens of a time with that knee of his, still not walking as he wishes, and is planning to pursue other medical options to see what can be done. Do keep us posted.

Then comes one which I never thought I'd be on here writing, and it's 1960'S EULA FAYE BAIL
-EY. You'll have to give me a pass on this one, Eula Faye. Your illness is all over FaceBook and Twitter and all those sites. Everyone is fully aware of it, due to posts which were made by your sister, Siema. Anyway, at this writing, it's June 6, and to my knowledge, she's still in the hospital. She's had some extensive respiratory problems.I'm hoping for a call back from her son or her daughter. I've also been calling to notify our mutual friend, 1960's BEVERLY A. BOWM
AN, when I I get any updates. (Footnote: I've spoken at length with Eula Faye. She's finally on the mend and going through some rehab. I expect, by the time we all read this, she'll be at home and getting back to normal. You sure did scare us, Eula Faye! We're all glad you're a lot better, now. It was our new sign-on, RITA G. JU
STICE, who spilled the beans on you, Eula Faye
! In this age of technology, there just aren't many secrets to be kept, that's for sure!

On June 4, I got a note from 1961's CHRIS L. CLEARY. It seems I had thought it was sister Peg's husband who'd been named as football coach. I'm so sorry! It was Peg's son. I thank you, Chris, for calling this to my attention. She and her husband are still working on the new condo (or is it a house?) Don't trust me! You all know I make mistakes!

In the e-mail of 1960's MADELEINE D. CAMPB ELL, she indicated there had been only minimal damage to her heart, and they expect surgery to go very well. Several special messages came, as regards your surgery, Madeleine, and all of a positive nature. One was from your 1960 class- mate, RICHARD S. HOLT, who said he knows you'll be fine. That same sentiment was echoed by JUDITH L. SLIFE, who's added you to her prayer list.

The two-holer outhouse story continues to bring in responses. Most of you will recall this was an exchange between myself and 1954's FREDA P. FLETCHER, which was just hilarious. But it begs the question (for me), "Who would want to do THAT, with another person beside them?" I got a couple of theories on that, in fact. One was from 1961's NANCY J. ERTEL, who opined it could have been for the purpose of young moms of the day, who wished to train their children. I guess that makes some sense, yes. Agreeing with that theory was 1963's GERALDINA SELL ARS, who also offered the old-time privy would have been a scary place for a little kid. I think the ideas you two have presented, are the only ones which make any sense at all! I got the same cartoon, by the way, from 1958's WM. R. HOWARD. I guess great minds DO run in the same channels.

From 1961's LARRY D. GILBERT came nice words about the bulletins and also a photo of him and his knockout wife, Ruthie. They were enjoying a day at a Florida circus with members of their family, who included two of the six grand -children. I forwarded that to 1960's MICHAEL S. WEST, and it may be on his blogspot by this time. Take a peek.

Need I tell you the words of wisdom just keep on coming from 1954's FREDA P. FLETCHER, as she and new spouse, Larry L. Green, are going all over the northwest on their honeymoon. You two stay safe out there, Freda, and enjoy your- selves to the fullest! She's even sending me the great photos of the northwest and South Dakota areas, where I rode miles on motorcycles and I also saw the Corn Palace, many times, a place about which Freda wrote me. (Footnote: The
newlyweds are now back home in Florida, safe
-ly and soundly, loaded down with photos from the honeymoon trip!)

My spiritual adviser, 1961's NANCY A. HALL, is making it a point to stay up to date on my status as a Tennessee Lutheran. Yes, Nancy, I'm now a confirmed member of Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, as of May 30. When you get to this area, we'll all go to church there, okay?

Many apologies to 1954's MARILYN CULTER. I don't know if I yet addressed this issue, but I've been naming her as Cutler, instead of Culter. I didn't even see that! But I've got it right, now, Marilyn. I hope it's a mistake I never again do, and thank you for the correction.

Once again, I see 1963's LEE JEAN JORDAN, is out gallivanting around the country. We got a
reply which said, "out of office," so I'm sure that means she's out and about, again. So where were you this time, Lee Jean?

Where are you, 1960's SHIRLEY J. TUDOR? I haven't heard a word in so long. When I call, I'm getting a lot of static and that's it. Is it my cell phone or your answer machine? Are you okay?

Among those with whom I've recently spoken by phone are 1958's BRUCE E. CHENOWETH,
NICHOLAS P. WOLARY, 1960's EULA FAYE BAILEY, CHAS. A. HIGH, JR., WALLACE W. ROBBINS, MICHAEL S. WEST, 1961's P. LYN
NETTE GARRETT, and 1962's RICHARD C. CALL. Of course, I've already told you all about Bruce's knee problems and Eula Faye's respir- atory problems. But Charlie High's wife has yet more visual problems, which kept them from an intended visit to my house, while in Tennessee. I know we all wish the best for Charlie and his wife, Carol.

Wallace is flying high, feeling great, and chasing all the women he can find. He says he's going to fly to the Tri-Cities Regional Airport to visit me for a few days. I don't know if I can run that fast now, but I'm sure going to try. Ha! He's in glowing health and feeling well, he tells me. Oh, and Mike West is still remodeling his and Sally's entire house and has everything torn down and piled up.

As is always the case, Lynn and I keep up quite a running banter, and seem to be unable to talk for under two hours! We just go on and on and can't hang up the phone. We just did it again, 2 days ago. My all-time longest phone chats of my life are with you, Lynn!

Lynn's contemplating knee surgery and still has
not decided just when she will do it. Make sure you're in good walking shape for October, Lynn!

On Monday, June 21, I'll likely go to Gatlinburg
to meet the Wests and the Wolarys. I'm going to see all four of them, I think, and will also join them for supper that day, along with teacher MURL E. HUFFMAN and longtime companion, Marjorie Bogan, widow of another WC teacher, DONALD C. BOGAN. I suspect we'll have quite a great time! (Footnote: Bummer! On the prior day, I was overtaken with a nasty, nasty cold. I'd hoped to make a quick recovery, but didn't, so I had to call Nick and cancel. My apologies to all, but I think I'd have passed my germs to all and I sure didn't want to make everyone else sick. So I had to cancel and was SO disappointed, I can't begin to tell you. I sure hope I make it, next time
. Mr. H. called me, before they left Tennessee, at which time I discovered June 21 had actually been Mrs. Bogan's birthday. So a belated wish for a Happy Birthday is extended to her!)

Thanks to you, 1958's WM. R. HOWARD. Bill kept his eye open and found two more Piratans for me, on e-Bay. I still need a 1965, 1970, 19 78, and 1980. So please stay alert for those, folks. There's another thing some of you may be able to do for me, if you will. I am in need of a new pirate flag for my bell post. The one I've got from Florida is tattered and faded. I can't find one, here in Tennessee. The one I have is red flag material with a black pirate. But it's fine if it's color-swapped. The main thing is that one dimension on one end of the flag must be 13". I hope you'll keep your eyes open. I'll happy pay for the flag and postage.

What a small world! Recently, 1959's BETSY R. MURPHY and her 1960 spouse, T. BARRY RUSSELLO, were flying back from a visit to the home of their daughter in Maryland. When they boarded, who should they see but Betsy's class -mate, CAROLYN J. "TOOTIE" PENCE, who was returning to her Melbourne, Florida, home on what would have to be construed as the most round-about layover in the world. But Betsy and Tootie had a nice visit!

Tootie had been in Dayton seeing her grandson graduating from high school. The Russellos had seen grandson Carson graduating high school, as well, and grandson Cole completing the 9th
grade. Carson has been accepted to U.D., so they're also very excited about that.

My 1960 class members are going to have a cow about THIS one! I got an e-mail from our classmate, NANCY E. "COOKIE" BOWIE, in which she told me she had not planned on a trip to join us for our 50th. After I picked myself up from the floor, I wrote her back, telling her it just wouldn't be fitting without HER. As we all well know, Cookie was one of our most prominent class members---beautiful, popular, well-liked, and, according to KEITH H. CLENDENON, able to deliver quite a forceful, open-handed slap in the face. Ha! She says she's out of touch, but I told her she's as popular as ever and we'd all be sad, if she doesn't attend.

Cookie recently visited her brother-in-law in Florida, 1958's GARY D. MAYS. He and his longtime companion will be going to visit her in Washington, in September. That sounds good, Cookie, because you'll all have time to make Ohio by Oct. 9!

Another of my classmates and I have a lot in common, we discovered. It seems JUDITH A. SLIFE, 1960, also has a bit of history in the field of journalism. Judy and I both have written for papers and have both covered political items. I look forward to seeing you in October, Judy! My other WC writer pal of 1961 CAROL J. MUMMA
, also offered words of encouragement on my new position with the paper. My thanks to you both.

We welcome aboard 1962's REBECCA J. LEI-WIG, who came to us through 1961's LILY K. "KITTY" BURDETTE. Becky was searching for a few of the older Piratans. Sadly, I had only 1959 in my extras, among those for which she was searching. But I'll keep those on the list for you, Becky, and welcome aboard.

From 1970's INDY JO GRISSOM came an offer to assist 1961's CHRIS L. CLEARY in the sale of her condo. I take it Indy is in real estate, and I'm sure I'm right, judging from info in her e-mail address. Whatever happens, we wish Chris all the luck in a successful sale, and I'm sure Indy will continue her success in the real estate field.

Oh, my! I've got to get busy tonight (June 21). I have an e-mail from1970's GARY E. JOHNSON
(who's also the alumni treasurer), for a copy of all my contacts. I'm in dire need of the talents of 1958's NICHOLAS P. WOLARY. I don't know how to do this! (Footnote: In an egregious dis-play of how technologically-challenged I truly am,
I took a printout of all my e-mails, marked them with a green felt tip marker and postally sent them all to Gary. So there!) Yes, Nick, I know, I know.

From 1958's RICHARD L. JOHNSON came a fond recollection of elementary school, which had been prompted by my mention of teacher, WINSTON H. GRESS. Mr. G. had been head of the patrol boys, of course, and Richard had been one of them. He opined that he hoped Mr. G. had, "gotten together," in those days, with an attractive teacher of the time, GLENDORA A. NORTHCUTT. I know many of us remember both of them. I sort of think they, "bonded," as I recall lots of fond looks and giggles between the two of them, when I went to school there. At the time, I thought nothing of it, though. Do any of you know? He also wants to know if either is still alive. I don't know the answer.

A query came from 1961's NANCY A. HALL, as to my newspaper job. Yes, Nancy, it's going as expected, and I love it. I can't believe this has happened, at this stage of my life. Thank you.
Nancy and husband were in Rockford, Illinois, in recent weeks. They rendezvoused with the 92-year-old uncle of her spouse, a minister, also, and they played golf.

On May 19, 1961's PAUL R. BEARDSLEY and SANDRA E. BROCK celebrated their 5th wed-ding anniversary. Congratulations to you both. On June 18, 1958's RONALD D. "TOM" FEE turned 70, I do believe. Is that right, Tom? In any case, it's always good to have another one of those birthdays! It sure beats the heck out of the alternative. CHAS. A. HIGH, JR., also had a 70th in June, and THOS. D. YOUNG turned 69.

From 1970's VICKIE JO GILBERT came e-mail about the old wrestling matches, prompted by my earlier bulletin, in which I had mentioned the old Sucher Park wrestling matches, for which my father was an usher, for years and years. I went to all of them, knew all the wrestlers, and it was next door to the old Dayton Tire & Rubber, where I'd once worked. Vickie recalled those at the old WLW-D Studios in Moraine City. Ah, the
old memories just keep pouring forth!

A couple of weeks ago, I heard from 1960's THOS. L. WOLF, JR. It seems he hasn't been getting any of the bulletins. Well, with all the big
finagling I've been doing with mail addresses, I decided I'd better check and make sure he was still on the automated list. He wasn't! So if you know someone who's suddenly not getting the bulletins, who always did, tell them to e-mail me, right away. Thanks, Tom.

After a couple of exchange with 1956's ROSET
TA PRUETT, I had the darnedest flashback in my memory and in that flashback, I saw her in a majorette uniform, marching down the football field with the band. I wondered if I was losing my mind, and was too lazy to dig out the 1956 Piratan, so I asked her if I was remembering it right, and that she had actually been one of the majorettes. She assured me she had and I was remembering correctly. Thanks, Rosetta, I was sure I'd lost my mind!

We are reminded by 1969's JOHN Q. KEMP of a gathering for WC people which will occur on July 30. This will be held at Miamisburg Moose, 2110 East Central Av., from 7 p.m. to midnight. I hope there will be a great turnout for this and I'd doubt that I'll get out another bulletin before this occurs, so please make note of it, now. Thank you, John!

From 1988's JAS. A. MCGUIRE also comes a reminder about a WC event. Jim has written to let us know of the golf event, which I think was in the last one, but now, it's a lot closer, so this is the final reminder, which be forthcoming in the bulletins.

The West Carrollton Football Alumni Inaugural Golf Classic will be held on Friday, July 23, at PipeStone Golf Club. To register, go to this site ( www.pipestonegolf.com ) Place the mouse over Outings & Banquets dropdown menu. Click on outing registration and you will find the event, then complete the required info. Use the comments box, Jim writes, to register players with whom you'd like to be teamed. We wish you a great turnout, Jim, and thanks for the up-date. Please send us a follow-up report.

JACK L. GODBY, 1961, as always, you are a dear, and I, for one, miss you every year you are not there. So please try to be there this year, will you? We all want to see you again.

From 1962's RUSSELL L. "RUSTY" ELLIOTT and his wife, 1962's MARY ANN DUNCAN, we have received some truly wonderful news. On May 15, two other 1962 class members were married. The bride and groom are NANCY S. ARGABRIGHT and ROBT. T. HOFF. This is just great news! We wish them both all the best
and many years of happiness. It's nice to have good news to report. Thanks Russ and Mary. They also wrote several 1962 class members were in attendance.

The Royal Court gathered recently. at the home of 1961's SALLY L. GILLETTE, for the purpose of celebrating the joint birthdays of CAROL J. LEWIS and JANET L. WALTERS. Many of their pals were present, who included DONNA J. RIC HARDS, PAUL R. WILSON, SANDRA J. CASE Y, CHRIS L. CLEARY, and 1962's BARBARA T. O'NEAL. This class is simply overflowing in great-looking women and I keep wondering if I can get my hands on some of the water they've got or something. It's just amazing!

Sally had other news, too. Her employer is the furniture company, Ethan Allen, and they do a design showhouse room for the Dayton Philhar-monic Women's Group. Sally was on her way to a luncheon there with 1959's COE S. WOLFE, the homecoming queen of that class, and Joy Kokenge, wife of 1957's Dr. Bernard R. "Rusty" Kokenge. So how did that go, Sally? You seem to be having WAY too much fun lately! Good for you!!

RITA G. JUSTICE, 1970, checked in with some very exciting news. On Father's Day, daughter Sarah, gave birth to her second child, a son she named Zane. He weighed in at 6 lb. 5 oz. and Rita reports Zane's big sister, Aleena, is quite protective of her new, little brother. Heartiest congratulations to all!

This is June 28. On this day, I got calls from both 1958's NICHOLAS P. WOLARY and 1960
's CHAS. A. HIGH, JR. Nick was following up to see how I'm feeling. I assured him I'm fine now.
Things weren't quite so good with Charlie, as his health woes continue, as well as those of his wife. But Charlie just hangs in there. I don't know how he does it, but he never gives in and never gives up and never gives out. He's amazing.

So now, I'm going to share another story with all of you, before I close this edition. I guess I'm not quite in my comfort zone just yet, with this widow thing. In the past 3 months, I have been, "asked out," twice! It knocked me WAY, WAY out of my comfort zone. It felt awkward and horrid and I had no idea how to respond. So I guess I'm no
-where near to being ready for THAT! But in defense of those two men---or is it in defense of ME?---it's just as well. Neither of them was rid-
ing a Harley-Davidson, anyway, and I sure can't see myself with anyone who doesn't ride. That leads me to my next big piece of news, which is that I'm going to be doing some serious Harley-Davidson shopping in the next month or so. I think it's only fitting, on this 50th yea after my high school graduation,don't you? Now, THAT puts me in my comfort zone!

So that winds it up for this time. I want to tell you all how much I appreciate your wanting to read these. Please send me all your news tidbits. I can't do this, without you. In closing, I leave each of you you with my personal wish for glowing health, great happiness, personal safety, peace
-ful serenity, spiritual harmony, and boundless prosperity. Ciao!




Powered by Blogger