.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
 
06 AUG 2013

YOUR Support Needed - Restore Class Pictures
...and you thought only OLD movies needed to be restored!

(Okay, gang!  This is the follow-up from Tom Wolf, for the project which was sent earlier today, in the special bulletin.  Skip past me on the response.  I know nothing.  Tom's the guy who's doing this.  I'm merely the messenger.  It's great, though, isn't it?)
 
Dear all,
  I did not intend for the news of the project to go out this fast, but I underestimate Bonnie.
  Let me give you a Bonnie-type report.
  Those of you who graduated before 1961 and for a few years after that know that class graduation pictures hung on the walls of the high school then junior high on the second floor. Sometime in the 70s, a remodeling project involving suspended ceilings on that floor resulted in the pictures being taken down. They were put in a room in the basement and became endangered. I worked there and saw them. There were broken frames and broken glass. It was a near miracle that they survived.
  I will give credit to Dickinson Guiler, assistant superintendent, and Dick Mumma, business manager, for securing the pictures and removing them from danger. Then came Calvin Bell, a WC graduate and Miamisburg businessman whose name is still a part of Bell Vault and Monument in Miamisburg. He provided funding for pictures of the pictures to be taken and made a part of a book, which I will refer to as THE BOOK. Again, Mr. Guiler secured THE BOOK and kept it at Central Office. After he retired and died, Jackie Kreitzer Wilson secured THE BOOK  It made appearances at many alumni gatherings for years.
  THE BOOK is now back at Central Office. It is priceless, irreplaceable. You can thank the above mentioned people for making it available today.
  That leads us to where we are today. I cannot stess enough how impressive the new version of the pictures will be. Modern technology is wonderful.
  Instead of being in a book in a drawer, the pictues will be on a wall for many to see.
  Again, I did not intend for all this to come out so soon. I have yet to hear from anyone with the alumni association. I want Gary Johnson to handle all your donations if he is willing. I have already gotten several comments and donors. But I ask you to just be patient until we figure out how we are going to handle the donations.
  I guarantee you that this will be a project that you all can be proud of. Just hold on to your money a bit until things are set up.
  Thank you, Pirates.
  Tom Wolf, Class of 1960
 




Powered by Blogger