.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The *WeCaTon* - West Carrollton (Ohio) H.S. Alumni News (unofficial)
Saturday, August 07, 2004
 
WECATON NEWS REPORT!! - 07 August 2004:
---We are SUCH interesting people!! I had no intention of writing another bulletin this soon---don't I always write that? ---but we've got so much happening, I just couldn't let it go a day longer. The response was good, to my plea for some news from some of you who don't always regularly maintain good contact. Thanks, I appreciate that. It helps give me more "fodder to feed the mill" and keeps the bulletins in an ongoing state. Isn't that, after all, exactly what we want?

As always, we have those who have checked in with the forwarded materials which include jokes, trivia, safety tips, a political tidbit here and there---you get the idea. They include NANCY J. SWEEN, class of 1961, STEVEN M. KOKOT, class of 1960, BARBARA T. O'NEAL, class of 1962, SANDRA L. BARSALOU, class of 1958, LINDA L. SHANK, class of 1960, JUDY LYNN JAMES, class of 1962, JOHN L. MONTGOMERY, class of 1961, ROBERT W. SMITH, class of 1958, PAUL R. BEARDSLEY, class of 1961, and WILLIAM L. MCNABB, class of 1954. Thanks to all and we look forward to seeing you on October 8 and 9.

Lest we should forget, this is the 50th anniversary of our Class of 1954. Bill McNabb is likely still working hard to get people together for that terrific occasion. If you are one of those folks who has a line on some member of that class, be sure to pass that info to Bill. He may have it already, but he just may not. He's trying to garner every 1954 class member he can find, so if we can assist him in any possible way, let's do it. No one knows, better than I, how great all of you are, when it comes to stepping up to the plate and helping one class member find another. Let us know, Bill, if there is anything else with which we may be able to assist.

When I got an e-mail from BOYD H. JENKINS, class of 1960, I was very happy. I'd been wondering what had happened to Boyd. However, his e-mail wasn't as cheery as I might have hoped. Boyd advised that he's not really sure he'll be with us in October (even though I'm betting he will). He wrote that his granddaughter in Cincinnati has REITS (sp?) syndrome and that she isn't doing well. He said he may be headed that way soon. He also wrote that his brother, EARL, class of 1955, isn't doing well, either. So let's all pull in the positive for both Earl and for Boyd's granddaughter. We're keeping our collective fingers crossed, Boyd, and we really want to see you in October!

The TOM MELZONI mystery still isn't solved. We know for sure that it isn't the one from 1963. We're fairly sure it may be the one from 1970, but I need to confirm his full name and he still hasn't sent that to me. I'll keep all of you posted, of course.

My fellow classmate and WC faculty retiree, THOMAS L. WOLF, JR., whose family is longtime-historically-WC-connected, has agreed to invite a number of our former teachers to the alumni gig. I hope every single one of them will attend and thank you for that effort, Tom.

DONNA J. RICHARDS, class of 1961, also checked in to say that she has recently seen AARON COUCH. We all hope to see both Donna and Aaron, come October. We all wish you the best, Aaron, with your son's health problems. We hope he is well soon. Donna, did you go back to work yet, or are you going to take a little time off?

Guess who else checked in this time, folks? None other than MONTY ESTEP, class of 1960! Now there is a guy about whom I never heard one person say a bad word in high school. I'll bet it's still that way. Everyone liked Monty! Monty reported that he'd recently run into yet one more 1960 classmate,WILLIAM E. HECKER. I'm in hopes you'll see him again, Monty, and that you'll be able to coax him to put in an appearance in October. We're also expecting you this year, Monty, along with your 1962 spouse, BEVERLY WALKER, so don't let us down hear?

Oh, by the way, you wanted some contact info on Bill Hecker, so here you go: Bill lives at 2359 Bradshire Rd., Miamisburg, Ohio 45342. His residence phone is listed as 937 291-9015. Bill's wife's name is Trisha and they have 3 sons (Timothy, Michael, and Marcus). His e-mail address is listed as ( nordy@msn.com ). So there you have it. Let's try to get Bill on board, too, Monty. That's your assignment for this e-mail. Believe me when I tell you, it just takes that one classmate, that one phone call, that one word of encouragement, that one invitation, to let people know they haven't been forgotten. Remember our battle cry! "Just One More For 2004!" Monty & Beverly, we want to add not only both of you, but Bill and his wife, too, so let's get busy. Thanks a lot for e-mailing, Monty!

Boy, do I have some exciting news, folks! Just the other day, I got an e-mail from PATRICIA LYNNETTE GARRETT, class of 1961. (By the way, I just LOVE your beautiful name, Lynn! Patricia Lynnette sounds so pretty.) Anyway, she's going to be back in Florida in about 2 more weeks so that means she and I will get to spend another fun and windy day, visiting and talking about all of YOU! So stay alert for "ear-burning." Lynn, call me the minute you and Frank get here!

Lynn also gave me a good report about a restaurant gathering which included her, Donna Richards, SANDI CASEY, CHRIS CLEARY, JANET WALTERS, CAROLE LEWIS, SALLY GILLETTE, and Barb O'Neal. All except Barb (1962, as previously written) are 1961. What a fun bunch! I love hearing about so many WC people getting together. Now, they all await the annual gathering at Carole's Kentucky getaway on the water. Terrific! Oh, and Lynn also said she thinks Paul Bearsdley is here in Florida. Are you, Paul?

To RONALD D. "TOM" FEE, class of 1958, I extend my sincerest apologies. Tom had not been getting his bulletins and we couldn't quite determine why. I checked my address records and sure enough, the fault was mine. When Tom last changed his e-mail address, I'd failed to update and we lost him for a few bulletins. If there's one guy we don't want to lose, it's YOU, Tom! For those of you who don't know this, Tom goes to EVERY single WC function, regardless of where it is. He's right in there with GERALD A. FULLER, Boyd, both 1960, BRUCE E. CHENOWETH, class of 1958, and WILLIAM E. HOWARD, also 1958. People of that degree of loyalty deserve recognition. There are also the Kokots and Donna Richards, you don't do badly, either.

Speaking of Bruce, we've got big news from his corner of the world, and I kid you not. Listen to this! Actually, I'm nearly as excited as HE is! When we were all in school, Bruce had a 1948 Oldsmobile. Oh, the fun we had in that car! Every Saturday night, we went to the sock hop at the Lebanon Skating Rink. I can't count the times we cruised through the Frisch's lot in that car and the school stuff we attended, and God knows what else. That car was special to us all.

At that time, he dated my dear, late friend, W. SUSAN DOGGETT, class of 1960, who was the love of his life and who became his first wife. We all spent endless hours together, many of them in that car. Well, Bruce has just bought a 1948 Oldsmobile, gang! Isn't that great? He's going to try and have it all ready to drive, come alumni weekend. He's even going to have it painted red, the color of, "the original." I just can't wait to see it!

From NICHOLAS P. WOLARY, class of 1958, came a terrific and newsy e-mail. Nick said he loves the bulletins and that he really looks forward to reading them. Thanks, Nick, I appreciate that. He, too, confirmed the good health of former band director, HARRY C. HAGGERTY. He said he thinks that two of the 1960 people, SHIRLEY J. TUDOR and L. EUGENE ZINK, recently spoke to him.

But Nick had other great news. He said his 34-year-old son lives in Jupiter, Florida, and his daughter still lives in the Dayton area. But Nick and his wife are planning to move to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, in a couple of years, near their good friends, MICHAEL S. WEST, class of 1960, and wife Sally, whom they often visit. For the time being being, though, Nick is finishing off his career with Northrop Grumman Co. as a sub-contractor for WPAFB. PAMELA K. SHIPLEY (Pam, are you 1971?) and I are keeping up a running exchange and she's trying to recruit a few more attendees for the October event, also. You promised to be there, Pam! My cousin, JUDITH L. SAMUELS, may even be inspired to attend this year. How about it, Judy?

Remember, all you golfers out there, contact GARY E. BARNES, class of 1959, and let him know of your interest in the golf outing on alumni weekend. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts his number is in the Daytona phone book and I've already sent you all the info on how to contact him. I think the date is October 8. Give him plenty of advance notice. Also working on that alumni weekend is once again Bill Howard, who will serve as our liaison with Frisch's, just as he did last year. I've e-mailed CAROLYN E. "TOOTIE" PENCE, class of 1959, to give him a hand with that. We've got small groups of WC folks, working everywhere, in preparation for our big weekend! While we were at it, Bill and I once again solved all the greatest problems of the world!

From DONNA J. TUDOR, class of 1955, came a wonderful, nostalgic recollection of her life as a child and her visits back to the Kentucky town of Paint Lick, from which they hailed, when she was a child. Donna's e-mails are always so special because I was very close to that family all through school. I remember everything about which she writes. Donna also wrote of a visit to the home of her grandson, Gregg, who took her all through Soutfork, the Texas ranch made so famous by the TV series, , "Dallas." She said it was gorgeous!

Earlier today, I got a call from CHARLES A. "BUD" LOWMAN, class of 1960, the Honorable Judge, himself! Unfortunately, I wasn't home at the time, so I called him back, but missed him. I'm sure in hopes we get Bud out again this, year, for our events.

Per the instruction of our official "blog-spotter," MICHAEL S. WEST, class of 1960, (---and lest we forget, the inventor of the Frisch's Frolic) comes a directive to include the following website in this e-mail, through which you can get current on any all and all missed bulletins. So here it is:
http://wchs.blogspot.com/
I minded you, Mike! I hope I got it right.

Are you braced up for some REALLY exciting news, now? Okay, here we go. On July 16, a son was born to MARK WARLAUMONT, (1978? 1979?) and his wife, Viktoria, who is Russian. (I'm telling you that, so that you won't think I don't know how to spell her name.) His name is Misha Isaac Warlaumont. He weighed 7lb. 8 oz. and was 20" long. He is the first child of Mark, who is nearly 44 now, so you can imagine how thrilled he is.

Mark and Viktoria live in Plantation, Florida. We have on our hands a positively thrilled paternal grandmother, SALLY L. GILLETTE, (1961), who can scarcely contain her enthusiasm, and I even heard from a bursting-with- pride grandfather, GARY L. WARLAUMONT (1960), who has doubtless already taken the little fellow out on the golf course. This is the very first grandson and Gary is thrilled that the Warlaumont name will continue. So I know I can speak for us all when I offer best wishes and heartiest congratulations to all the Warlaumont family.

Fully knowing that I can NEVER top THAT announcement with anything, it's time to close this edition of WNR. I leave you all with my usual wish for glowing health, great happiness, peaceful prosperity, and boundless prosperity. Ciao!

---And there you have it! More at 11--- B




Powered by Blogger